Zubin Mehta inaugurates the Maggio Musicale Fiorentino
Zubin Mehta, one of the greatest conductors of all time, will arrive in Florence for the opening concert of the 79th edition of the Maggio Musicale Fiorentino scheduled for Sunday, 24 April at 06 pm at the Teatro dell’Opera di Firenze. A gala evening with one of the most celebrated and appreciated conductors at international level which, in this case, will be accompanied by Sir András Schiff at the piano and by the Orchestra and Chorus of the Maggio Musicale Fiorentino.
The conductor will perform works by Ludwig van Beethoven: the Concerto no. 5 in E flat major op. 73 Emperor for Piano and orchestra and, after the interval, the Symphony no. 9 in D minor op. 125 for soloists, chorus and orchestra.
Programma Maggio Musicale Fiorentino 2016:
– “Jolanta” by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (from 28 April to 5 May),
– “Albert Herring” by Benjamin Britten (at the Pergola from 21 to 31 May)
– “Lo specchio magico” by Fabio Vacchi (7 May).
– Brad Lubman at the Teatro dell’Opera (29 April)
– Anthony Romaniuk at the Teatro Niccolini (4 May)
– Ludovica Vincenti at the Saloncino del Teatro della Pergola (6 May)
– Naruhiko Kawaguchi at the Saloncino del Teatro della Pergola (10 May)
– Peter Rundel at the Teatro dell’Opera (11 maggio)
– Alexandra Něpomnjaščaja at the Saloncino of the Teatro della Pergola (12 May)
– Daniele Rustioni at the Teatro dell’Opera (14 May)
– Contempo artensemble at the Teatro dell’Opera (15 May)
– Vladimir Jurowski at the Teatro dell’Opera (16 maggio)
– Cameristi del Maggio Musicale Fiorentino at the Teatro dell’Opera (18 May)
– José Rámon Encinar at the Opera di Firenze (19 May)
– Jin Ju al Saloncino del Teatro della Pergola (20 May)
– Marco Angius all’Opera di Firenze (22 May)
– Stefania Neonato at the Saloncino of the Teatro della Pergola (23 May)
– Alexander Mayer at the Opera di Firenze (26 May)
– Olga Paščenko at the Saloncino of the Teatro della Pergola (26 May)
– Maggio Elettrico: Open Music #1 e #2 at the Limonaia of Villa Strozzi (27 and 28 May)
– Orchestra Giovanile Italiana / Andris Poga at the Opera di Firenze (29 May)
– Kristjan Järvi at the Opera di Firenze (30 and 31 May)
– Jin Ju / 2 at the Teatro della Pergola (30 May)
– Recital by Diana Damrau conducted by Zubin Mehta (9 June)
– Zubin Mehta with Concerto Extra Festival at the Opera di Firenze (18 June)
– Filarmonica della Scala conducted by Myung-Whun Chung – Concerto Extra Festival (19 June)
– Mass of St. John the Baptist at the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore (24 June)
– Wiener Philharmoniker / Daniele Gatti – Concerto Extra Festival – Opera di Firenze (28 June)
– Berliner Philharmoniker / Yannick Nézet-Séguin – Concerto Extra Festival – Opera di Firenze (30 June)
– Orch. Filarmonica of San Pietroburgo / Jurij Temirkanov – Concerto Extra Festival – Opera di Firenze (4 July)
Maggio Musicale Fiorentino Tickets online:
you can buy concert tickets directly from the official website of the event by clicking here
Maggio musicale fiorentino Ticket office:
at the Opera di Firenze (on Tuesday / Friday from 10:00 to 18:00, on Saturday from 10.00 to 13.00) with a pre-sale of the 10%.
Music, harmonies, great performances, flawless direction and…holiday! Why not? The concert scheduled at Teatro del Maggio Musicale Fiorentino is a perfect opportunity to dive among the wonders in the area and admire the great masterpieces that history has left us. An unmissable opportunity, maybe by staying at the hotel Brunelleschi, the 4-star set in the heart of the city, in Piazza Santa Elisabetta and a few minutes away from the place of the event. A structure of high level, where you will be enveloped, among other things, by the beautiful rooms and suites, also available with views over the famous Brunelleschi’s Dome.