From Saturday 9 to Monday 11 March 2019, Pitti Taste Florence returns to the Stazione Leopolda, a Pitti Immagine exhibition-event dedicated to the excellence of taste, culture of quality food, Italian lifestyle and design of the table. The best international operators of haute cuisine come together here with the best niche products: a journey through foods, wines, objects and ideas, to discover the many and new ways in which taste is expressed and experienced today. The Stazione Leopolda, place of the event, is at one kilometre away from the Santa Maria Novella railway station and at twenty minute walk from the Brunelleschi, 4-star hotel in Florence, with an itinerary through the streets of the historic centre.
Superfood: taste the difference! Spirulina Gourmet Dining
This year, one of the events of Pitti Taste, “Fuori di Taste” takes place at Osteria Pagliazza, on the ground floor of the Hotel Brunelleschi, in the enchanting scenery of the Byzantine Tower of Pagliazza.
On Saturday, March 9th, there will be an “à la carte” menu with special courses based on the Spirulina Algae from Severino Becagli, created by chef Rocco De Santis and included in the Osteria Pagliazza menu just for one special evening:
Beef tartare, hazelnuts, goat cheese and spirulina maionnaise
Cappelletti with cheese and pepper, mussels and candied lemon
Cremino with chocolate, the matcha with spirulina ice cream
Book your table directly online. Pay at the end of the dinner.
Pitti Taste Florence hours and costs
Entrance timing reserved for professionals only
Saturday: from 9.30 am to 2.30 pm. From 2.30 pm the fair will be opened to the general public
Sunday: from 9.30 am to 2.30 pm. From 2.30 pm the fair will be opened to the general public
Monday: from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm
Open to the general public
Saturday: from 2.30 pm until 7.30 pm
Sunday: from 2.30 pm until 7.30 pm
Monday: from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm
The general public can buy an admission ticket for € 20 per person. The ticket is daily.
Children under 10 years do not pay. Entry is not allowed with pushchairs, which must be deposited in the free wardrobe. Dogs not allowed.
For the general public it is possible to purchase the ticket in advance on www.musement.com. It will be enough to change the voucher at the ticket offices in Stazione Leopolda during the allowed access times.
Instead, special concessions are provided for entry tickets for industry operators.
Are you looking for a room for the Pitti Taste period in Florence? Book at the Brunelleschi Hotel.
Program Pitti Taste Florence 2019 at the Stazione Leopolda
Taste Pitti in Florence is divided into sections:
- Taste Tour: path of tasting products presented by over 300 participating companies, to understand and investigate the gastronomic riches of our country;
- Taste Tools: the area dedicated to food & kitchen design objects, to all the chef’s tools but also to those who love being in the kitchen: clothing, technical and professional equipment for the kitchen;
- Taste Shop: the shop of exclusive foods where to buy the products on display and tasted during the journey;
- Taste Ring: a cultural-gastronomic arena, the place of debates and ideas in which the stars of the food world will compete on the hot topics about the contemporary table, interpreting current events and anticipating future trends, and moreover, a rich program of events – exhibitions, book presentations, cooking contests – organized by Pitti Immagine and the exhibitors, that turn the spotlight on the taste world protagonists;
- Fuori di Taste: the rich calendar of taste events involving Florence in the days of the event.