Many ideas about what to do in Florence in March with the arrival of spring
Are you planning a trip and you are wondering what to do in Florence in March? The city offers many appointments, events, exhibitions, fairs, concerts and theatrical performances waiting for spring. From our 4-star hotel in Florence in the heart of the historic centre we suggest some ideas on how to spend your spare time. The choice is really wide. There is something to suit all tastes: from sports to music, from food and wine to shopping, from theatre to the opera.
If you are in town for business you can always set aside a few hours of time, even at night, to attend an exciting concert or dinner in a nice place. Instead, if you are on holiday just only organize the day. Our concierge is always at your disposal for tips and ticket reservations.
What to do in Florence in March: events calendar
Here is our proposal on what to do in Florence in March:
- Don Chisciotte, ballet, Teatro Verdi, 1st March,
- Teresa Mannino – “Sento la terra girare”, Teatro Puccini, 1st and 3rd March,
- Fiera del Cioccolato (Chocolate Fair), piazza SS Annunziata, 2-8 March,
- Ennio Morricone, Mandela Forum, 2nd March,
- EcoTrail Florence, 2-3 March,
- Sogno di una notte di mezza estate (A Midsummer night’s dream), Teatro Verdi, 2-4 March,
- Zucchero, Mandela Forum, 3rd March,
- La Favorite, Teatro dell’Opera di Firenze, 3rd March,
- Free Florence Museums, free access to state museums, 4th March,
- Change of the Guard, piazza della Signoria, 4th March, at 09.00 am– 10.00 am– 11.00 am– 12.00 pm – 01 pm,
- Mercato della Quaresima (Lent Market), piazzale delle Cascine, 4 – 11 – 18 – 25 March,
- Gianni Morandi, Mandela Forum, 5th March,
- Roberto Cacciapaglia, Teatro Verdi, 5th March,
- Umberto Tozzi, Teatro Verdi, 9th March,
- Taste. In viaggio con le diversità del gusto (Travelling with the diversity of taste), at Stazione Leopolda, from 10 to the 12 March,
- Jovanotti, Mandela Forum, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19 and 20 March,
- Oltrarno Fair, piazza Santo Spirito, 11 March,
- Geppi Cucciari – Perfetta, Teatro Puccini, 15 and 16 March,
- Dawn of a Nation, From Guttuso to Fontana and Schifano, Palazzo Strozzi, from 16 March,
- La Strana Coppia, with Claudia Cardinale and Ottavia Fusco, Teatro Verdi, 16-18 March,
- Piovani dirige Piovani, Teatro Verdi, 20th March,
- The Barber f Seville, Teatro dell’Opera di Firenze, 20-22-29 March,
- Alceste, Teatro dell’Opera di Firenze, 21-25-28-30 March,
- San Giovanni 2018: on the 24th of every month a minute of ‘Fochi’, Villa Bardini, at 8pm,
- Massimo Ranieri, Teatro Verdi, 24th March,
- Giovanni Allevi, Teatro Verdi, 25th March,
- “A tutta scienza” at Museo Galileo, activities for children, every Saturday and Sunday,
- Made in New York. Keith Haring, Paolo Buggiani and co. The true origin of Street Art, Palazzo Medici Riccardi,
- The return to Italy. Salvatore Ferragamo and the visual culture of the twentieth century, Museo Salvatore Ferragamo,
- Monet Experience and the Impressionists, Church of Santo Stefano al Ponte, until the 1st May 2018,
- From Pinocchio to Harry Potter. 155 years of Italian illustration from the Salani Archives since 1862, Villa Bardini.
Still unsure about what to do in Florence in March? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at +39.055.27370 or by filling out the following fields. We will reply you as soon as possible.
Share your experience in the city in social channels with the hashtag #brunelleschifirenze
See you in Florence!